Sunday, November 2, 2008

Its good to be a kid

Back in the days of Power Rangers (the real Power Rangers), when your gameboy color was the shit and 'homework' took about 15 minutes.... things were great. No responsibilities, obligations, difficult decisions. Life was simple. You didn't have to worry about relationships, your GPA, paying rent, bills.. Things just seemed to magically fall together (of course we all have examples of where this is false.. but generalize with me here).

Reality check. I am 20 years old and am as someone so poignantly pointed out this afternoon, am 3 semesters away from my next huge life decision. Grad school? Work? Its all so confusing.. and the worst part is that its one I have to make all on my own. These sorts of moments are when I realized that L I F E had arrived. The things I do have repercussions, I don't get do overs for the things I say, the acts of today form the events of tomorrow.

....

.... Still thinking about where I was going with this one...
I'm starting to think I may have just been complaining in general, which is odd considering this is basically the first weekend I've had off in God knows how long. But nonetheless, the idea of LSAT's and GMAT's and GRE's and EXAMS... is daunting.

Actually daunting may be the wrong word, because daunting kind of implies that while difficult there may be hope if the goal can be reached (yes, I was tempted to whip out the Random House on this one). Yet, in life is there ever truly reprieve? Do we ever truly persevere to some 'better state'? Some place where once again, the decisions become easy.. even logical maybe. I may not know the answer to those questions, but seeing as that I'm writing here tonight, I think I've determined my own thoughts on the matter.

Those being.. that I am going to give it my freaking all every day. Try and make the 'better choice', not because I know it to be better but because a choice has to be made. Some are easy (every day I choose to get out of bed), others are harder (love and its shortcomings for instance). But because I know of no better way, I'll try. I don't know if I'll succeed. But I'll give it my all until one day.. hopefully.. it will all be child's play again (Yes!! Game Boy Color!!).

No comments: