Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Beach

There are a lot of good things you can say about the beach. Its warm, its serene, the pace of life is slower..

But for me, the single greatest thing about Emerald Isle, N.C. is the peace and quiet. My days can consist of "nature walks", playing the Wii and lounging.

To me, this is heaven. My life at school is so hectic that I rarely have time to kick back and relax. Do things like... I don't know.. WRITE IN THIS BLOG.

Because the vast majority of my free time at school gets tied up with one of two activities: the Technician and the New York Times. One I work for, the other I read religiously.

There are pros and cons to excessively reading all the news that's fit to print. The pro is that I feel very well informed in just about every situation imaginable, the obvious con, that I rarely have to be informed because I spend all my time with Engineers who don't care.

Honestly, the vast majority of my fellow mech's would probably struggle to tell you the date. No less, give you information on the political climate in Zimbabwe, pirates off of Sudan and the stimulus package.

Now, before i sound stuck up. I want to make it clear that I'm not. One of the things I love about my engineering friends is that they don't care. But every once in awhile it is nice to engage in a little intellectual thought.

(I'm quickly realizing this post will have nothing to do with the beach, perhaps I should throw in a nice quip).

The wake at the beach was 1 to 2 feet today... Mission Accomplished. Get r' done. Yee-haw..

(Also quickly realizing how random I get at 1 in the morning).

In any case, it feels good to pound away at the keys on something that I know 5000 people won't read (perhaps 1 or 2 is really all a person needs). It is really liberating in that regard.. Because I can say things like.. fuck the police or Provost Nielsen is a tool and not get fired.

My movie on Netflix has loaded a little now.. I think it is time to watch..

No worries, I will write again soon.. Adieu..

No comments: