Thursday, December 4, 2008

Day 3 and Counting

Tomorrow will be the third consecutive day I will have a Viewpoint column in Technician. Everyone on the editorial staff is amazed (they have said so), how do I have so much to write about it.

Quite frankly, it is because I am always reading. I could write more than one column a day. Between my NY Times on Weekends, bbc.com and the post and times websites, I am always reading news and current events. Not surprisingly, a lot of these issues are campus issues, as they effect everyone. In addition, my article on Wed and my one tomorrow are nothing more than response articles. In the prior case, to a George Will column and tomorrow in response to a fellow Viewpoint staff writers column which I disagreed with.

This productivity has after just one week caused my editor to say he wants to make me a Senior Staff Writer. Although I don't know whether to take this as a remarkable endorcemnt or just a reward for producing dubious amounts of content. In any case, being a senior staff writer next semester should have its perks, notably that I get to choose the day / days (if I feel really motivated) that I want for my column. Also, it just sounds cool.. : )

Hope you enjoy Friday's article.. LINKED HERE.

P.S. I also just want to mention that I find it highly entertaining that I have been promoted before I have even received the chance to take my "mug shot" for my columns (See another viewpoint columnists article if you need clarification on what I mean).

No comments: