Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Just one of those days

Today.. was just one of those days. If there was something that could go wrong, it did. And in one day I lost the feel that I am fit to be an engineer.

When I started this blog. I decided I wasn't going to use as a self pity festival. But today was such a comedy of farces, I just can't help but share the events.

So upon waking this morning.. late. I hopped into the shower and swiftly washed off so that I would have time for breakfast before my bus. Despite the late start, I beat my bus to the curb and was ready to head off to my least favorite class, Fluid Mechanics. The bus pulled to the curb, and what do you know but the bus was full. Quite literally full, as in they would take no more passengers (I know, farce number 1). Twelve minutes later (the frequency of the lovely Greek Village line), the bus pulled up and the group of us standing there hopped onboard. Of course with my luck today, the bus was delayed on its route and got to DH Hill Library a couple of minutes late. This meant that it was now 10 minutes after my class had started. With the prospect of walking in 15 minutes late to a class I hate, I decided to stay on the bus and go back home and work on my MAE 305 lab report. I thought this was a pretty good decision as I was able to finish the lab report and even take a little break before my long line of afternoon classes. But of coursre, in line with the theme of the day something had to go wrong.

Of course.. it did.. 10 minutes before I had to walk out the door, I got an email informing me that my lab report was wrong in several spots. By this point I had no time to fix because I had to go back to campus. When I got back to campus and went to Vibrations. The day took a turn for the even worse, as I got back my first test in what I thought was my best class. Turns out it wasn't my best class as I got a 23 out of 100, despite the fact that I had previously gotten 100 on all of the quizes and homeworks. To make it worse, Professor Tran told us all that if we got less than 50 or so we should probably drop the course.

So now at this point in my day, with things going quickly downhill and me now realizing that I would have to retake Vibrations. I didn't really things could get much worse, and for my History class and Thermo, they didn't. Those classes were shockingly normal compared to the rest of the day. But as soon as Thermo ended, the karma gods struck again.

I ran to the computer lab to finish my lab report before 305 Lab. To my dismay, I actually finished it and clicked print on the computer. And jsut for the hell of it, neither of the two Broughton Hall public printers would print my report.

And to cap the day off after my lab ended (the one where I didn't have my report), I just missed the bus I needed and had to sit at the bus stop for thirty minutes to get my bus.

And thus concludes the fabulous day of Russell Witham...

No comments: